Our Neurological Disorders in Pregnancy Program is the latest addition to the wide array of comprehensive services available through the New Jersey Brain Aneurysm and AVM Program at the Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital New Brunswick.
It is a joint multi-disciplinary program between the Neurosurgery, Neurology, Neuroradiology, Maternal-Fetal Medicine (ObGyn) and Neonatology (Pediatrics) at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School and Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
This program provides expert multi-disciplinary care to pregnant women. This also includes diagnosis of cerebrovascular conditions both prenatally, and in children after they are delivered.
This is a signature program with special emphasis on the following disorders
- Pregnancy and Brain Aneurysm
- Pregnancy and Brain AVM
- Pregnancy and Moya Moya / Sickle cell disease
- Pregnancy and Ischemic or Hemorrhagic stroke
- Pregnancy and Cerebral Dural Venous Sinus Thrombosis
In the pediatric population, the program includes prenatal and neonatal diagnosis of pediatric cerebrovascular conditions including:
- Pediatric and Neonatal Vein of Galen Malformation
- Pediatric Brain AVM
- Pediatric Brain Aneurysm
- Pediatric Facial AVM
- Pediatric Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Stroke
- Pediatric Cerebral Dural Venous Sinus Thrombosis