After Bariatric Surgery: Weight Loss Surgery Support and Counseling Services
Bariatric Surgery Program
After Bariatric Surgery: A Commitment to a New Lifestyle
Health professionals agree that the most important step to a successful post-surgery weight loss program is support and counseling. It is absolutely necessary for patients to understand that they need to do their part in order to see long-term success.
Patients must make a commitment to a new lifestyle. A lifestyle that includes exercising, new ways of eating and drinking and regular follow-up visits with your physician.
Patients will see the best long-term results if they continue to:
- Eat healthy, balanced meals
- Exercise on a regular basis
- Attend support group meetings
- Take the required supplements
- Commit to the mental and emotional changes required to sustain the weight loss