Are You A Candidate For Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric Surgery Program
Are You a Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
Bariatric surgery is a major surgery.
There are several criteria you must meet in order to qualify for weight loss surgery. Some of the criteria involve your BMI, or Body Mass Index, which is a measure of your body fat based on height and weight.
For example, you are morbidly obese if:
- You weigh 100 lbs. more than your ideal body weight
- You have a Body Mass Index (BMI) over 40
- You have a BMI over 35 and a concurrent severe health condition like diabetes or high blood pressure
Other questions you should ask yourself include:
- Are you dedicated to changing the way you live and frequent follow-up?
- Have you tried other medically managed weight-loss programs without success?
- Are you aware of the potentially serious complications associated with bariatric surgery?
- Are you over the age of 18?
- Are you free of any psychological conditions?
- Do you avoid the use of drugs and alcohol?
- Do you have someone in your family who would be willing to take on the documented roll of a support person for you?
Cooperation and commitment to a weight loss program and lifestyle change are critical to the success of your weight loss surgery.
If you answered yes to all or most of these questions, you may be a candidate for weight loss surgery. Call today 1-888-MD-RWJUH to sign up for one of our free seminars or to request an individual consultation.