The Limb Preservation Program
1-855-LIMB-RWJ or 1-855-546-2795
The Limb Preservation Program, part of the Cardiovascular Center of Excellence at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital, is dedicated to the preservation of the lower extremities. The program offers advanced treatment options for patients with wounds on the foot, ankle and leg, which may require amputation as a treatment option. Its primary mission is to make a dramatic impact on reducing the prevalence of major amputations throughout the region.
The Program uses advanced diagnostic, surgical and wound care modalities to treat difficult-to-heal wounds. The Limb Preservation Program not only focuses on saving limbs, but also on the overall health and well-being of the patient.
Our Multidisciplinary Team
The Multidisciplinary Team includes:
- Interventional Cardiology
- Vascular Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Plastic Surgery
- Nurses and Dieticians
- Physical Therapy
Other specialists are consulted as required.
- The seamless collaboration between vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, and an entire team of healthcare providers ensures our patients get the best results
- The Limb Preservation Program offers all of the latest FDA-approved endovascular devices
- The program also offers treatment modalities only available through RWJUH clinical trials
- Utilizing the most advanced minimally invasive techniques, endovascular revascularization is the first line of treatment for most patients.
- Compassionate and experienced clinical staff
Candidates for Limb Preservation
The program is focused on caring for patients at high risk for amputation or those who have been offered an amputation due to:
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Critical limb ischemia
- Chronic Foot ulcers
- Chronic Leg wounds