New Brunswick: 732-937-8507 | Somerset: 908-685-2952
Volunteer opportunities are available mornings, afternoons and evenings, seven days a week at both the New Brunswick and Somerset campuses of RWJUH. There are a wide variety of volunteer opportunities available–we invite you to join us and help make a difference in the lives of the patients, families, and staff at RWJUH.
Volunteer Service Requirements:
- Volunteer Profile Form: Online submission including two personal references: New Brunswick or Somerset
- Personal Interview: Meet with the director of Volunteer Services
- Time Commitment: A weekly commitment of service for one year, with a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service in nine months
- Criminal background check: Including Social Security number verification
- Volunteer Orientation Class: Class and on-site training must be attended
- TB Screening: Two-step process performed at RWJUH at no charge
- Flu Vaccine: Provided at no charge during designated flu season
- Health Certificate: Completed by your personal physician
- Dress Code: A RWJ jacket or polo shirt or jacket purchased by volunteer (cost: $10)
Submit a Profile Form to the Department of Volunteer Services now: New Brunswick or Somerset
After we receive your completed form and your references have been contacted, we will contact you for an interview. During the interview, we will ask some preliminary questions about your interests and availability. We listen carefully to prospective volunteers' interests and goals and make every effort to place them in positions that will be interesting and satisfying while meeting the needs of the hospital.
We look forward to finding a rewarding volunteer position for you at Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Services department between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
New Brunswick: 732-937-8507