Parkinson's Disease Information and Referral Center at New Brunswick Campus
(732) 745-7520 (phone) • (732) 745-3114 (fax)
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Contact: Camilla Comer-Carruthers, Coordinator, New Jersey APDA Parkinson's Disease Information and Referral Center
The New Jersey Parkinson’s Disease Information and Referral Center reaches out to persons affected by Parkinson’s disease, including patients, families and healthcare professionals. This Information and Referral Center is committed to providing community education and information as well as support groups for caregivers and persons with Parkinson’s disease.
What the Center Can Provide For You
A hotline is available at (732) 745-7520 to answer your questions concerning information and resources for Parkinson’s disease. It is available Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Center staff can also help you by finding a support group or exercise program in your area if you have Parkinson’s disease or are caring for a loved one with Parkinson’s.
Other services and resources include:
- Literature about Parkinson’s disease
- Support group listings
- Information on young onset Parkinson’s disease
- Resources for caregivers
- State, county, and community resources
- Physician referrals
- Quarterly newsletters
- Information on the most current Parkinson’s research
- Lending library of videos, books and audiotapes on Parkinson’s disease
- Annual symposium for patients and families
- Newly diagnosed programs for patients and families
- Annual Parkinson’s conference for healthcare providers
- Support group training professionals
Medical consultations for the Referral and Information center are provided by the Movement Disorder Specialists in the Department of Neurology at Robert Wood Johnson Medical School/University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Support Groups and Events
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital hosts two ongoing support groups, as well as several events throughout they year: