Medical Wellness Fitness Programs
7 a.m.to 12:30 p.m. and 2 to 6:30 p.m. | Monday through Friday
Your health, movement, and quality of life matters.
Whether you are dealing with an ongoing medical condition or are simply looking to remain active and functional as you age, fitness can be powerful when guided properly. We recognize the importance of balancing exercise independence with purposeful fitness coaching. When developed by a highly-qualified exercise physiologist, an individualized exercise program comprised of flexibility, balance, and strength training exercises, coupled with cardiovascular fitness, can be the difference maker in attaining your health goals.
Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Somerset’s Sports Physical Therapy & Performance Center offers a medically-supervised wellness and exercise program to help individuals meet their fitness goals & improve their overall health.
Many people are told to exercise by their doctor but may not know what to do or how to do it. An exercise program is beneficial for most people, even those with underlying medical conditions. Individuals with the following conditions may benefit from, and be able to manage symptoms by engaging in a supervised exercise program:
Participants must obtain a written medical clearance from their physician in order to enroll
- Heart disease
- Other chronic health issues
. This can be done by the potential client or the Exercise Physiologist.
- A fitness screening will be conducted on the initial visit to create a personalized exercise prescription.
- Always present to closely supervise, educate, assist and answer questions, an exercise physiologist monitors progress and updates the exercise plan each visit for as long is needed to educate the client in safe exercise progression.
- Program Goal: empower exercise independence both inside and outside the exercise setting by increasing functional movement, balance, strength, and endurance while controlling medical conditions.
- Members can also participate in the weekly educational workshops and classes.
3 options to get started
- Email MedicalWellness@rwjuh.edu
- Call 908-203-5972 (option 3)
- Stop by the Ballpark and ask to speak with an Exercise Physiologist!
All clients undergo a fitness screening on their first visit. This is a one-on-one visit with an Exercise Physiologist which includes tests for flexibility, strength, endurance, balance and abdominal stability. Based on the results of the fitness screening, the Exercise Physiologist develops an individualized exercise program for the participant. A few months after a new client begins the program, a retest is performed to evaluate how the client has progressed.
Initial Fitness Screening: $55 (includes 1st session and program development)
Membership Fees for 1st month: $110 (for up to 12 visits/month) or $80 (for up to 8 visits/month)
Membership Fees per month thereafter:
- Personal Attention Training membership (2 options):
- $110 (for up to 12 visits/month)
- $80 (for up to 8 visits/month)
- General Membership (2 options):
- $90 (for up to 12 visits/month)
- $65 (for up to 8 visits/month)
RWJBH employee discounts are available, and this program also meets the requirements for the RWJBH Employee Wellness $45 monthly reimbursement (if you attend 8 sessions/month)
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR ARE INTERESTED IN BEGINNING OUR MEDICAL WELLNESS EXERCISE PROGRAM, PLEASE CONTACT ONE OF OUR EXERCISE PHYSIOLOGISTS AT 908-203-5972 (OPTION 3) OR EMAIL MEDICALWELLNESS@RWJUH.EDU