Robert Wood Johnson offers many rehabilitation services that while may not be a direct part of Sports Medicine services, many of the programs cross into the Sports Medicine world and athletes and/or active individuals may also need to incorporate these services into their treatment. RWJUH Somerset provides both outpatient and inpatient physical therapy and rehabilitation services for a broad range of injuries, impairments and conditions, all while keeping in close consultation with the patient’s physician. Physical, occupational and speech therapists work closely with our sports medicine specialists in the treatment of musculoskeletal and neurological disorders. The below services are all offered at RWJUH Somerset Hospital. To visit the main hospital rehab services page, click here.
- Physical Therapy- in addition to treating orthopedic and musculoskeletal injuries, other therapy services include treatment of lymphedema, concussions, pelvic floor dysfunction, LSVT program for those with Parkinson’s Disease, vestibular and balance problems, pre- and post-joint replacement, and stroke rehabilitation.
- Occupational Therapy includes hand therapy services, splinting, post-breast surgery rehab, Parkinson’s (LSVT) lymphedema services, and stroke rehabilitation.
- Industrial Rehabilitation Services provide functional capacity evaluations, job analysis and pre-employment screenings for the injured worker
- Speech, Voice, Swallowing and Hearing Center includes services for speech, language, voice, vocal cord dysfunction and swallowing disorders, as well as audiological evaluations.
- Cardiac Rehabilitation is a structured and monitored program for those at risk for or recovering from cardiac disease, cardiac surgery, heart transplants.
Please call (908) 685-2944 for more info on the above services.