Stereotaxis, a robotic magnetic navigation system, offers precise, computerized control of the working end of a catheter.
There are many advantages to this type of procedure, including:
- Greater accuracy, which allows for precise placement of the catheter
- The catheters are soft, like spaghetti, which lowers the risk of accidental perforation
- Safer, interventional procedures with better outcomes
- Increased likelihood of successful treatment for complex arrhythmias
- Less exposure to radiation for both the patient and doctor.