RWJ New Brunswick Teen Volunteer Program Currently Full
The Teen Volunteer program at our New Brunswick campus is currently full and not accepting new applications.. Teen volunteer applications are being accepted for our Somerset campus. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Please continue to check this website as this message will be removed when openings become available.
New Brunswick: 732-937-8507 | Somerset: 908-685-2952
Our Volunteen program is for teens who want to serve their community and designed to give students who are interested in pursuing a career in healthcare or medical research access to the operations of our world-class hospitals. Teen volunteer opportunities are available mornings, afternoons and evenings, seven days a week at both the New Brunswick and Somerset campuses of RWJUH. RWJ Volunteens support the hospital by greeting, directing and escorting visitors, visiting patients on nursing floors, assisting in the gift shop, and discharging patients.
Volunteen Service Requirements:
- Age: 15 to 18 years old (minimum of entering the 10th grade)
- Time Commitment: A weekly commitment of 2 to 4 hours of service for one year, with a minimum of 100 hours of volunteer service
- Volunteer Orientation Class: Attendance at orientation for new volunteers
- Personal Interview with the director of Volunteer Services
- Medical Form: Signed by personal physician (including vaccination information)
- TB Screening: Two-step process performed at RWJUH at no charge
- Dress Code: A RWJ Polo shirt purchased by volunteer (cost: $10), khaki slacks or skirt
- Flu Vaccine: Required during designated flu season
Please be aware that we do not offer internships or shadowing opportunities.
We make it easy for interested teens to get started: To begin the Volunteen registration process and receive an application, call Volunteers Services between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. During this conversation, we will ask some preliminary questions about your interests and availability. Please note that we are unable to send applications at a parent’s request.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Services department between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
New Brunswick: 732-937-8507